Introducing safety culture and its application to the nuclear field
This MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect.
The MOOC structure includes four independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
“MOOC Safety Culture: Introduction”. UNED-TECNATOM
- Risks management
- Safety culture concepts.
- Organizational Culture for safety
- Safety I to Safety II.
- Nuclear Energy differentiating characteristics.
- Basic Philosophy of Nuclear Safety.
- How my work affects safety.
- Evolution of the concept “Safety in Depth ´´
- Models and evolution.
- Leadership in emergencies.
- Skills development.
- Links to definitions and basic concepts of the operation of nuclear power plants.
*Detailed Learning Outcomes will be reported later.
- What is safety culture? No specific requirements are needed
- Understanding nuclear Safety Culture: Basic justifiable knowledge about nuclear technology or the full completion of the “Refreshing Nuclear Basics” NOOC
- Developing leadership for safety: No specific requirements are needed
- Refreshing Nuclear Basics: Basic engineering knowledge
Advanced open online learning communities based on multimedia content, engaging activities, automatized tests and online interaction in an international environment. Courses will be delivered on the platform OPEN UNED.
Open now the free registration, by clicking on each NOOC above.
Provisional starting date: February 4th 2019, we are actually in the production process!
The satisfactory completion of each NOOC will be certified by UNED. The MOOC certification will be only issued after the four NOOCs completion.
- Director. Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Codirector. Fernando González González. Head of Leadership and Safety Culture. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gozalo. Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- David Abarca Ahijado. Director Safety Culture and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. UNED. Digital Educational Technology
If you want to receive more information about the MOOC / NOOCs, please fill the form
We highly thank those advertising this initiative within the nuclear sector, but as well towards professionals from other industries (especially high-risk industries), as well as master students of nuclear and other technical studies, to gather a varied audience to enhance global networking and a collaborative learning experience. This course will allow a research study and its dissemination is crucial to achieving massive participation from the main target groups.