Introducing safety culture and its application to the nuclear field
These MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are part of the courses offered and funded within ANNETTE project, led by ENEN (European Nuclear Education Network), and funded by Euratom, a complementary research and training programme for nuclear research and training within Horizon 2020 European Research Projects.
These courses are conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect.
The structure of this offer includes three independent nano MOOCs (called NOOCs).
“MOOCs Introducing Safety Culture and its application to the Nuclear Field”
- Risks management
- Safety culture concepts.
- Organizational Culture for safety
- Safety I to Safety II.
- Nuclear Energy differentiating characteristics.
- Basic Philosophy of Nuclear Safety.
- How my work affects safety.
- Evolution of the concept “Safety in Depth ´´
- Evolution and types of leadership
- Leadership for safety
- Leadership for nuclear safety
- What is safety culture? No specific requirements are needed
- Understanding nuclear Safety Culture: Basic knowledge about nuclear technology, that may be attained using the glossary of nuclear terms available in the three NOOCs
- Developing leadership for safety: No specific requirements are needed
Advanced open online learning communities based on multimedia content, engaging activities, automatized tests and online interaction in an international environment. Courses are delivered on the platform OPEN UNED.
Opened 1 October 2019
Course ends 21 October 2019
Opened 9 October 2019
Course ends 28 October 2019
Course Starts15 October 2019
Course ends 28 October 2019
The satisfactory completion of each NOOC leads to a free badge and/or the payment of a credential. In addition, it is possible to obtain an academic certificate of 1 ECTS, issued by UNED, when successfully completing the three NOOCs. Instructions on how to proceed for the certificate will be given to the course participants at the course end.
- Director. Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Codirector. Fernando González González. Head of Leadership and Safety Culture. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gozalo. Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- David Abarca Ahijado. Director Safety Culture and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. UNED. Digital Educational Technology
If you want to receive more information about the NOOCs, please fill the form
We highly thank those advertising this initiative within the nuclear sector, but as well towards professionals from other industries (especially high-risk industries), as well as master students of nuclear and other technical studies, to gather a varied audience to enhance global networking and a collaborative learning experience. This course will allow a research study and its dissemination is crucial to achieving massive participation from the main target groups.