Olga C. Santos
Olga C. Santos is currently an Associate Professor with the Artificial Intelligence Department, UNED, Spain, and the Research and Development Technical Manager of the aDeNu Research Group. Her current research interests include combining artificial intelligence with ambient intelligence and Internet of Things to support personalized affective psychomotor learning that ubiquitously and dynamically adapt to the evolving user needs. In particular, she is currently interested in Physical User Modelling (see PhyUM website).
She has participated in 16 research projects (UE, National), published over 150 papers, and co-chaired several workshop series (TUMAS-A, RecSysTEL/EdRecSys, PALE, and RSyL) and conferences (AIED, EDM, UMAP, and EC-TEL). Amont other acknowledgements, she has received the Best Doctoral Thesis Award by the IEEE Spanish Chapter of the Education Society and the 2014 Young Researcher Award of the IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology.
Some of my current activities are:
- JEDM Track co-Chair at EDM 2021
- Executive Commitee of AIED
- PC member at ACM UMAP 2021, AIED 2021
- Supervising several Master Thesis, 2 expected by 2021
- Supervising 3 PhD Thesis
- Member of the Editorial Board of UMUAI and IJAED journals
She has also participated in some events:
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science (Feb. 11th, 2021)